ENT Specialist in San Francisco, CA
Randall Wenokur, M.D. is a board certified Otolaryngologist-Head and Neck Surgeon. He enjoys treating all aspects of the ear, nose and throat, but has a special interest and training in voice disorders. Dr. Wenokur has been treating patients in the Bay Area since 1996, but has only recently joined San Francisco Otolaryngology.
- Undergraduate – B.S. University of Utah 1983
- Medical School – M.D. Wayne State 1988
University School of Medicine
- Internship – University of California, Los Angeles 1988-1990
Department of Surgery
- Residency – University of California, Los Angeles 1990-1994
Division of Head and Neck Surgery
Previous Academic Appointments
- Active Staff – Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary
- Active Staff – John Muir Concord Campus
- Active Staff – John Muir Walnut Creek
- Active Staff – University of California, S.F.
Previous Administative Appointments
- Vice-Chairman – Department of Surgery (John Muir Hospital)
- Chairman – Department of Surgery (John Muir Hospital)
- Secretary Treasurer – John Muir Hospital (Medical Staff)
- Vice-Chief of Staff – John Muir Hospital
- Chief of Staff – John Muir Hospital
Board of Directors
- John Muir Health
- Previous – Pacific Voice and Speech Foundation
Honors and Awards
- National Institute of Health Research Fellowship
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society
- Zielinski BS, Getchell MI, Wenokur RK, Getchell TV: Ultrastructural localization and identification of adrenergic and cholinergic nerve terminals in the olfactory mucosa. The Anatomical Record 225:2232-2245, 1989.
- Wenokur RK, Andrews J, Abemayor EA, et al: Magnetic resonance imaging guided fine needle aspiration for the diagnosis of skull base lesions. Skull Base Surgery 2:167-170, 1992.
- Wenokur RK, Berke GS Gerratt BR, Kreiman J, Ye M: In vivo measurement of laryngeal mucosal wave speed in humans. The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America 93:2295, 1993.
- Nasri S, Jasleen J, Gerratt BR, Sercarz JA, Wenokur R, Berke GS: Ventricular dysphonia: a case of false vocal fold traveling wave. American Journal of Otolaryngology 17:427-31, 1996.
- Sercarz JA, Nguyen L, Nasri S, Graves MC, Wenokur R, Berke GS: Physiologic motion after laryngeal nerve reinnervation: a new method. Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery 116:466-74, 1997.
- Bhattacharyya N, Wenokur, RK, Goodman ML: Endoscopic excision of a giant pyogenic granuloma of the nasal cavity caused by nasal packing. Rhinology 35:44-45, 1997.
- Bhattacharyya N, Wenokur, RK, Rubin PA: Metastasis of squamous cell carcinoma of the conjunctiva: case report and review of the literature. American Journal of Otolaryngology 18:217-219, 1997.
- Bhattacharyya N, Wenokur RK: Endoscopic management of a chronic ethmoid and sphenoid foreign body. Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery 118:987-90, 1998.
- Rivkin A, Meara JG, Li KK, Potter C, Wenokur R. Squamous cell metastasis from the tongue to the myocardium presenting as pericardial effusion. Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery 120:593-5, 1999.
- Wenokur RK, Andrew J, Abemayor EA, et al: MRI directed fine needle aspiration for the diagnosis of lesions of the skull base. American Society of Neuro-Otology, Palm Beach, Florida, May 1990.
- Wenokur RK, Berke GS Gerratt BR, Kreiman J, Ye M: In vivo measurement of laryngeal mucosal wave speed in humans. Acoustical Society of America, Ottawa, Canada, May 1993.
- Wenokur RK, Berke GS Gerratt BR, Kreiman J, Ye M: In vivo measurement of laryngeal mucosal wave speed in humans. American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery, Minneapolis, Minnesota, October 1993.
- Nasri S, Sercarz J, Wenokur RK, Berke GS: Botulinum toxin therapy for benign vocal fold lesions. Annual Triologic Society Meeting, Palm Beach, Florida, May 1994.
- Izdebski K, Dedo H, Wenokur R: Vocal cord and voice findings in advair users. Middle and Western Sections Triologic Society, February 2006.